City of Lubbock provides resources to assist the building community to obtain services and meters for commercial, industrial and single-family residential homes. This document lays out the workflow to assist you through the process. Web links provide additional information, forms, checklists, including contact names; e-mails and phone numbers are included. City of Lubbock personnel are ready to assist you.
- Building Safety
- City of Lubbock Utilities
- Water Utilities
Types of Projects
- New Construction – developing a new subdivision or property that does have existing utility service connections
- Rebuild/Renovation/Demolition – properties with existing utility service connections may require new service lines and/or upgraded meter size
Without an existing address, a meter cannot be set.
Builders/Contractors/Developers should verify the address exists by going to https://ewebmap.ci.lubbock.tx.us/Parcelviewer/.
If the address is not on the Parcel View, please contact Maggie Beltran (email@example.com) or Brandon Sherwood (firstname.lastname@example.org). You may also visit Building Safety located on the first floor of Citizens Tower. No appointment is necessary.
- Ensure meter set site is ready for meter installation. If the site is not prepared for meter installation, this will result in a delay.
- Provide an accurate contact phone number when setting up services with City of Lubbock Utilities. City personnel cannot update you on your project if the appropriate contact or phone number is not provided.
- Click here to download this process guide.